9 Reasons Your Acne Keeps Coming Back
Not knowing the reason why your acne keeps returning can be one of the most frustrating things. Before you start blaming your products read on to see what culprits could be responsible for those blemishes and also what to do about it!
- You don’t have a consistent skincare routine. Just because your acne cleared for a brief amount of time, it doesn’t mean that you should abandon the habit of cleansing your face properly. Stick to the program and watch your skin improve.
- Your diet is breaking you out. It doesn’t matter if you are using the best products for your skin. Food such as dairy causes the increase production of pore clogging sebum and inflammation.
- Sleeping on dirty sheets. While you sleep, the skin uses the time to repair itself by shedding the dead cells. If your pillow cases aren’t being washed often, dead skin cells and oil begins to harbor all that bacteria that can multiply on your face.
- Hydration is key. Not properly hydrating your skin results in producing more oil.
- You’re not exfoliating. Exfoliating your skin 2-3 times a week is important in preventing sebum build-up of bacteria and dead skin cells that get trapped in the pores.
- Your makeup is probably causing skin irritation so be sure to investigate the ingredients and look out for artificial fragrances and dyes.
- Over cleansing can dry up your face which then leads to oily skin.
- You are touching your face too much. Picking at your skin introduces more germs, increases the chances of scarring, and can increase inflammation — which means more breakouts.
- Dirty makeup brushes. If you want a clear complexion you have to wash your makeup brushed often. Otherwise bacteria will grow on them and transfer onto your skin.